i love this dessert - anytime! already planned to make this for Dear on Feb 14th since sometime ago.
hmmm. i wonder, actually, if this makes him or me happy, since I'm the one who likes it! this brings me to another thought which has been baffling me for some time. that is, sweet desserts are almost a must for Valentine's day celebration and baking sweet cookies/cakes/chocolates seem like a popular gift from girls to boys. but the thing is, it is the girls who likes those sweet treats, not the boys right? so.... why??? i suppose baking needs much effort and that's why... hope the boys appreciate those efforts from we girls!
anyhow, here's the much-liked molten chocolate lave cake..
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake (adapted from cake-o-cake.blogspot)
Ingredients (i used half the recipe for 2 ramekins)
4 oz dark chocolate, melted
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
4 tbsp salted butter, softened
1/3 cup cake flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1. mix the melted chocolate together
2. cream sugar and butter. add eggs one at a time, incorporating between each additions
3. add flour and mix until just combined
4. using a rubber spatula, stir in the melted chocolate into butter-egg-sugar-flour mixture. stir in big circular strokes
5. butter the ramekins generously
6. fill the ramekins to the top with the batter
7. bake at preheated oven at 190degC for 15min or until edges are firm but centre still soft. entire top should be even in color.
8. cool for 10min before un-molding
9. un-mold the cake by quickly inverting the ramekins and allow the cake to slide out quickly
10. decorate as you wish
i was too excited in "presenting" the "gift" to Dear that i did not take more pictures of it....