This tarts are easily to bake, looks really cute and sweet. Great for a tea time snack with a cuppa. Almond flour gives it a special and "French" feel.
Raspberry Tarts (adapted from my adventuresinthecountry.com)
Ingredients: ( I did half the recipe)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cups fine granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks, room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of one lemon (i omitted but i think lemon zest is a taste enhancer)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 cup package of blanched, slivered almonds, finely ground ( I used ready bought almond flour)
- 1 15.5 oz jar seedless raspberry jam (my experience is to not use sugar-free jam as their texture is different and seem to be produce liquid during handling)
- Preheat oven to 350degF (176degF). Prepare two 12-cup muffin tins by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add egg yolks, vanilla, and lemon zest. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you mix when necessary.
- Whisk together AP flour, ground cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Gradually add this mixture to the butter mixture and stir until well combined. Add the ground almond and mix until combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop (about 2tbsp size), scoop dough into 24 muffin cups. Pat the dough evenly around in the bottom of the muffin tin; even out the surface.
- Use a teaspoon and dollop two teaspoonful of raspberry jam onto the top of each section of dough.
- Bake in preheat oven for 15-16 min or until the dough raises up around the jam and is slight brown at the edges.
- Cool the tarts in the pans until cool to touch (1hr). Very Carefully remove them from the pans (a pointed offset spatula should work well here).