There are easily over hundreds of banana cake/loaf/bread recipes available in recipe books and on the internet. I adapted my recipe from one called BEST EVER BANANA BREAD from allrecipes.com. Until I tried all the banana recipes in the world, there is no way to prove is the best ever banana bread. But I can tell you, this is a fail-proof recipe, not matter how you modify it.
(It is a pity that I did not have my camera with me when I baked this banana loaf. had to turn to a dinosaur 3G iPhone I inherited from Dear. with a 2 megapixel camera only, the pictures are really quite a blur)
- 220 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 - 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 110 g caster sugar
- 110 g packed brown sugar (okay to use all caster sugar if you have no brown sugar)
- 2 Eggs, light beaten
- 1/2 - 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- 80 ml plain yoghurt (original recipe calls for buttermilk and if using buttermilk, increase sugar to 300g)
- 3 Large bananas, smashed (always use Dole Bananas! =)
- (You may add pecan or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 165degC. Grease and line a 9-by-5 in loaf tin.
- Beat eggs lightly with vanilla essence
- Blend together the smashed bananas, yoghurt, and oil and egg-vanilla mixture
- Sift together the flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking soda and salt
- added 4 into 3 and mix well
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake in oven for about 1hr 20min or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
I will definitely make it again!