Tuesday 26 June 2012

Chocolate Chip Cream Scones

Another breakfast food. Second attempt at scones. A different kind of scones. There are just so many kinds of scones and I shall try until I find the one I like the most. The first scones I made were buttermilk scones, which I had replaced the buttermilk with yoghurt. Those plain scones are ideal with cream and jam.

The ones here are cream scones. I think they tasted delicious! I liked them so moist and their textures. With Hershey's chocolate chips embedded everywhere, they'll definitely make your day. 







Chocolate Chip Cream scones (adapted from the food librarian)
makes about 15 4-in round scones


Ingredients:
  • 250g all-purpose flour
  • 56g granulated sugar
  • 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 113.4g butter (cold, cut into pieces)
  • 1 cup (8 oz) heavy whipping cream (cold) ( I used 3/4 cup cream and 1/4 cup non-fat yoghurt)
  • desirable amount of miniature chocolate chips (depending on preference)
Topping (I omitted)
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 tbsp sanding sugar or granulated sugar
Method:
  1. Preheat over to 218degC
  2. Mix together dry ingredients. 
  3. Cut in the butter until you get a coarse-meal crumbs like consistency. 
  4. Add whipping cream and chocolate chips. Blend together quickly. Do not overmix.
  5. Shape into a round or square. 
  6. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with sugar. (I did not)
  7. Cut into shapes. Place on parchment or Silpat covered baking sheet.
  8. Bake for 14-16 minutes until golden brown and delicious.






No comments:

Post a Comment