The ones here are cream scones. I think they tasted delicious! I liked them so moist and their textures. With Hershey's chocolate chips embedded everywhere, they'll definitely make your day.
Chocolate Chip Cream scones (adapted from the food librarian)
makes about 15 4-in round scones
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 56g granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 113.4g butter (cold, cut into pieces)
- 1 cup (8 oz) heavy whipping cream (cold) ( I used 3/4 cup cream and 1/4 cup non-fat yoghurt)
- desirable amount of miniature chocolate chips (depending on preference)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp sanding sugar or granulated sugar
- Preheat over to 218degC
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Cut in the butter until you get a coarse-meal crumbs like consistency.
- Add whipping cream and chocolate chips. Blend together quickly. Do not overmix.
- Shape into a round or square.
- Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with sugar. (I did not)
- Cut into shapes. Place on parchment or Silpat covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until golden brown and delicious.