But today. I had already decided what I wanted bake the moment I woke up. I was craving for cookies. I think that was subconscious because my peripheral vision had caught my brother munching on MY Famous Amos cookies the night before while I watching television. He stole my cookies!!! But more importantly..... I soon realised he is not the only cookie thief in my home! The ultimate cookie thief shall be revealed by the end of this post.
Had used this recipe for three times over the past two years. I think each bake yielded different results. I don't really know why. I suspect it is my weighing scale. I should really get a digital one to make more accurate measurements.
ChocoChip Crunchy Nut Biscuits
- 165g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder, salt
- 75g unsalted butter (I used salted and omitted the salt)
- 80g castor sugar
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla flavor (extract) (I used the normal vanilla essence)
- 115g plain chocochips (I used Hershey's semisweet)
- 50g chopped hazelnut (I used almond, since I have already have it at home)
- Grease 2 or 3 baking sheets and set aside for further usage.
- Use an electric mixer to beat ingredient B until light and fluffy. Then add in ingredient C and mix well. Pour in sifted ingredient A and beat well on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in ingredient D and 2/3 chopped hazelnut. Drop teaspoonful of the mixture onto to the prepared sheets. Space the batter about 5cm to allow room for spreading (I missed this this time! and my cookies almost became a GIANT 'tray' cookie!)
- Flatten each biscuits with a wet fork. Sprinkle the remaining hazelnuts on top of the biscuits and press lightly into the surface of the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180degC, then bake the biscuits for 10-12 mins, or until they are golden brown
- Leave the biscuits on the baking sheets to cool for a min or so, until they are firm and then transfer them to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
And the 'metro' cookies (metro another name for subway :p)