Espresso Choco-Chip Biscotti (adapted from sagerecipes)
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder ( i used vietnam coffee powder)
- 250g cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF and line 1 sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the instant espresso powder with 1 tablespoon hot water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar, using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes. Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the espresso flavoring and vanilla extract. With the mixer on low, add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Mix in the chocolate chips just until incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and form each portion into a log (2 inches thick). Do not flatten the logs (the dough will be sticky). Place the logs onto the sheet pan, a few inches apart from each other. Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Turn the oven down to 275ºF. Transfer logs to a clean cutting board. Using a serrated knife, slice the logs diagonally, 1/2 inch thick. Discard the end pieces (or munch on them). Place the cookies cut side down on the sheet pan and bake for another 40 minutes, until toasted and dry.